Plant a Tree NG is a tree planting service we offer allowing you to make a 100% sustainable contribution as a gift or living legacy.
Gifting trees is an increasingly popular and heartfelt way to show your appreciation to a society, Corporate entity, Organization or person AND help the environment by reducing carbon footprint and CO2 emissions.
Whilst other material gifts may increase carbon footprint and CO2, a tree is natures gift for us to watch it grow tall and strong and one such give back that will last a lifetime.
It is also a suitable gift for any occasion in Nigeria, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, burials/memorials and so on.
10 Benefits of Gifting a tree
- Help to restore native biodiversity
- Leave a legacy that just keeps giving to future generations
- Increases Oxygen into the atmosphere: one day’s worth of oxygen for a family of four is provided by a single tree
- Reduce Carbon Emissions: If a tree absorbs 1 ton of carbon over its lifespan (over a 40 year life span), it’s like erasing 11,000 miles of car emissions
- Purify the Air around you: One acre of trees has the ability to remove up to 5 tons of carbon dioxide and up to 13 tons of other particles and gases annually
- Natural air conditioning: One mature tree has the same cooling power as 15 room-size air conditioners
- Stress Reducer: the sight of trees reduces blood pressure, exposure to trees in schools and work place reduces stress
- Noise Pollution reduction: a well-placed tree can also block noise by up to 40 percent
- Trees heal: Studies have shown that patients with views of trees out their windows heal faster and with less complications. Exposure to trees and nature aids concentration by reducing mental fatigue
- Trees mark the Seasons: is it rainy season or dry season? Look at the trees.
PLANT A TREE SCHOOLS’ PROGRAM
Our nationwide schools’ program is our community give back opportunity where we gift trees that feed to schools to educate and enlighten learners on food security and the benefits of growing your own food. In 2023 we started our ‘Wishing Trees’ workshops as part of our tree planting activities where we allowed kids to consider their wants, dreams and goals alongside the bigger picture of climate change; a useful tool for tying in social and emotional learning into the Climate Classroom.